Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Another No Show (revised)

Miro was again absent from our meeting. Yet, I was luckier this time. He left me another box, and this time I was actually able to get to it before Johnny Law.

Again Miro seems to love his games, for he only left me a puzzle to solve and only a few hints to get there.

He writes:

Riddle me this P.A.L. if you can figure out what the answer to this riddle is, you will know what it is that I am trying to fight in the world. 

I have no respect for justice. I maim without killing. I break hearts and ruin lives. I am cunning, malicious and gather strength with age. The more I am quoted, the more I am believed. I flourish at every level of society. My victims are helpless. They cannot protect themselves against me because I have no name and no face. To track me down is impossible. The harder you try, the more elusive I become. I am nobody's friend. Once I tarnish a reputation, it is never the same. I topple governments and wreck marriages. I ruin careers and cause sleepless nights, heartaches and indigestion. I spawn suspicion and generate grief. I make innocent people cry in their pillows. Even my name hisses. 

What am I fighting? Tell me P.A.L. and we can fight it together from the top down. 


I must think on this for a while. He must be testing my wits. 

I returned home to find Callista on the computer. She did not hear me come in, and I saw that she was looking over websites regarding paranoid schizophrenia. I hope that she is not feeling sick. I think the government must have done something to her. I think they have gotten her to believe there is no conspiracy. I must watch her closely.


Your P.A.L. 


Original Post: http://phriendlee.blogspot.com/2012/04/another-no-show.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment